Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Recap and Recipe Catch up...

This weekend went by so fast! There's never enough time to get done what needs to get done, but Barrett and I were quite productive! We finished painting our office, and I love the color. Barrett was on the fence about it, but he liked it after I helped him visualize the color as a perfect backdrop for deer heads and hunting pictures! ;)


The paint we used is Dried Parsley by Benjamin Moore

On Saturday we purchased some glass knobs for our master bath cabinets! Who knew I'd be as excited about cabinet knobs as I am about a new pair of shoes!? I love them and they look great on our dark cabinets!


our chic glass knobs ;)

This week our goal is to finish painting the hallways. I am ashamed to admit that the blue tape has been up in the hallways since January... That being said, WE WILL GET IT PAINTED AND THE BLUE TAPE WILL COME DOWN BY FRIDAY! So excited... I will keep you posted on the progress!

Since I haven't been able to post a "Sunday Satisfier" recipe the last two Sundays, I decided to share a recipe today! I know you'll love this Squash Casserole recipe from my Aunt Lisa. It is the perfect side dish at holiday dinners, Sunday lunch, or for any get together. Everyone LOVES it, and it always gets rave reviews! It's so yummy Barrett eats it, and he hates squash! Enjoy!



Little Lisa B’s Squash Casserole

2 cups cooked squash, (sliced about 1/4"- 1/2" thick)
1 cup evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
¾ cup butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1 ½ cup grated cheese, divided
¾ cup Ritz Crackers, crushed

Mash cooked squash and add all other ingredients, except crackers and ¾ of cheese. Mix well. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish and top with cheese and crushed Ritz Crackers. Bake 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails